1 the soft reddish wood of either of two species of sequoia trees
2 either of two huge coniferous California trees that reach a height of 300 feet; sometimes placed in the Taxodiaceae [syn: sequoia]
- the USDA-preferred term for the species Sequoia sempervirens.
- any of the evergreen conifers belonging to the genus Sequoia in the wide sense
- the wood of the species Sequoia sempervirens.
- This planter is made of redwood
- (British, obsolete) the wood of the species Pinus sylvestris.
- Coast redwood
- Sierra redwood
- French: séquoia redwood
Redwood may refer to:
Redwood may also refer to:
- The Redwood Empire (also Redwood Coast or North Coast), a region of California that stretches from San Francisco to the Oregon coast
Towns and districts
redwood in German: Redwood
redwood in Dutch: Redwood
redwood in Japanese: レッドウッド
redwood in Polish: Redwood
redwood in Volapük: Redwood